Being loved by our stakeholders – pupils, parents, the community – is important to us, and we are embedding the following aims within all we do at The Concord School with a view to meeting this aspiration.
- To provide an environment where pupils feel safe and brave in all that they do;
- To present pupils with a wealth of opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom, and to help them to find their own passions;
- To monitor our provision: pastoral, curricular and co-curricular, learning from the best that we do, to ensure that the only limit on pupils’ development is their own potential;
- To look for new ways to achieve the high standards that the school aspires to, working in a smarter way by using a ‘less is more’ approach, and managing the demands on our pupils and staff;
- To strengthen the links in the ‘triangle’ joining parents, pupils and school, to ensure we communicate well and are all working together with a common purpose;
- To encourage our pupils to consider moral and spiritual values, to understand their place in the world and to develop a spirit of service within the community;
- To equip our pupils with the skills to be happy in their success at The Concord School and beyond.
The Concord School is a co-educational school for children whose ages range between 15 months to 16 years. Our school statement underpins our approach to all that we do at the school. The Concord community is a friendly, caring community striving for excellence; committed to achievement and sharing in the success of individuals. The aim of our school is to help children develop lively inquiring minds and a love of learning together with a sense of self-respect and respect for others. We expect high standards from our children. We want all children to achieve the best that they can and to find fulfilment in realizing their full potential while enjoying themselves along the way.
At The Concord School, we believe that education is for life. Academically, we don’t just inject our children with facts, we also enable them to think and reason for themselves. Problem solving is the cornerstone of our approach to the education of children. Our aim is to develop literate numerate, happy children based on the ethics of hard work. Socially, our task is to help the children become happy and tolerant adults. Therefore, consideration for others and good manner are part of the school life. At every stage, the children and staff treat each other with mutual respect. Self-discipline and cooperative skills are essential to success.
All children matter equally, irrespective of their ability, sex, race or creed. All are given the opportunity and encouragement to develop their individual academic, artistic, musical and physical talents to the full.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CONCORD SCHOOL
The Concord School, situated at 1, Olubadan Avenue, Ring Road, Ibadan, was founded in the year 2000. The mission of the school is to provide quality education for children between the age 15 months and 17 years through objectively planned nursery, primary and secondary education. The school’s objective approach to education led to instant recognition by the relevant authorities and stakeholders in education in Nigeria and beyond.
For more than a decade, the school has been consistent in her pursuit of excellence in offering the salient instructions that meet the needs of every child, based on her principle that no child should be left behind whenever and wherever learning takes place. The progress consequently recorded is attested to by numerous feats achieved thus far.
Over the years, our curriculum has evolved to accommodate programmes that meet global requirement. The school presently prepares students for Cambridge International Examinations at various levels and the Senior School Certificate Examination.
We are poised for greater heights as we continue in our bid to nurture young minds into individuals that will impact positively upon our world.